Gift-filled baskets are a fun way to celebrate Easter, but how can you do so without taking away from the true meaning of this holiday? We’ve pulled together a list of ideas on how to create a Christ-centered Easter basket!
1. Add in a new Children’s Bible. We like the My First Hands-On Bible for ages 3–6 and the Hands-On Bible for ages 6 and older. These Bibles engage kids with games, crafts, and other activities that truly allow reading Scripture to be hands on! Other Bibles that can get kids involved in the Word are the Inspire Bible for Girls and the Hidden in My Heart Scripture Memory Bible. See other childrens’ Bibles on sale HERE.
2. Throw in an activity book that teaches children about God while they are learning to read. We like this Easter Surprises Story and Activity Book for an interactive way to celebrate Easter. This book includes stickers, discussion questions, and activities that will be sure to keep your child engaged and teach them about the reason we celebrate Easter.
3. You can never have too many stickers! The Faith That Sticks stickers are fun for kids to share with their friends and to use for their crafts.
4. Add a new book like Easter Stories and Prayers or The Lost Lamb and the Good Shepherd. Easter Stories and Prayers includes four books in one: Who Is Jesus?, Why Is There a Cross?, What about Heaven?, and What Is Prayer? Read this book with your children and together learn about Jesus and his sacrifice. The Lost Lamb and the Good Shepherd tells the story of the Good Shepherd and the lost lamb from two different, biblical points of view. You can flip the book to enjoy two stories in one!
5. Give your kids a new Adventures in Odyssey CD. The Adventures in Odyssey Life Lessons series discusses character-building traits such as compassion, honesty, and peer pressure by compiling a collection of action-packed stories by theme. This is a fun way to incorporate Bible stories into car rides and road trips, and your kids will be learning life lessons along the way.
6. Add in a new coloring book like The Gigantic Coloring Book of Bible Stories with some new art supplies. Or Inspire: Luke & John for the older kids in your life! This coloring book includes Bible stories from Genesis to Revelation and includes a Bible reference on each page. This is a fun way to get your kids to read Bible stories, and they will love having new supplies to create beautiful art!