Are you a new believer?
Just starting the Christian walk and not sure what faith looks like?
Are you looking to increase your faith in God?
The Bible, the inspired Word of God, provides the reader with guidance about what faith looks like in the believer. Can you imagine a world where followers of Jesus walk in faith believing in His promises, goodness and gifts to those who love Him? What would it look like in your life as you pray for a loved one to choose Jesus? How about praying for a promotion at your job? Or for healing from a physical ailment?
Here are 10 Bible verses on faith that you can hide in your heart today. Pray over them and commit them to memory so that you can reap the rewards of a strengthened faith in your Savior!
1. These were his instruction to them: “You must always act in the fear of the LORD, with faithfulness and an undivided heart. – 2 Chronicles 19:9
2. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. – Psalm 91:4
3. Praise the LORD! Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. – Psalm 106:1
4. The LORD protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and he saved me. – Psalm 116:6
5. “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a msutard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” – Matthew 17:20
6. You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it. – Matthew 21:22
7. “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.” – Luke 16:10
8. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.” – Romans 1:17
9. We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. – Romans 3:22
10. But people are counted as righteous, not because of their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners. – Romans 4:5
11. So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. – Romans 10:17
12. And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ. – Philemon 1:6
13. For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ. – Hebrews 3:14
14. Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation. By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen. – Hebrews 11: 1-3
15. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. – James 1:3
16. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are. – 1 Peter 5:9